It is common practice for young men to try to fix electrical faults in their homes or even offices. They prefer to do so by default rather than call for professional help from an electrician or the power company.
Though that may not be wrong in minor cases however there is need to be careful as it could turn ugly at times.
A young man simply identified as Johnson is said to have narrowly escaped death after almost electrocuting himself while trying to trace an electrical fault in his apartment at Oviemo street in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta state.
It was reliably gathered that the area had been experiencing blackouts for some months now and the residents rely on their generator sets to provide them with electricity.
On that fateful evening on Monday 1st June 2020, Johnson had put on his generator but it was not supplying light to his apartment. He then decided to check the connection in his flat meter, all the while with his bare hands as he was so sure there was no current in it since there had not been light for some months.
It was gathered that at a point when he came down to check for a better screwdriver in his room after his younger brother could not find it, light was restored to the area and there was a lot of jubilation all around. Johnson however froze and was in shock for a long while.
His younger brother who was with him as at the time of his minor repairs was also shocked as he started shouting and praising God. This attracted neighbors who in turn praised God for Johnson’s life as he could easily have been electrocuted.