It is common knowledge for the weather to be increasingly cold as the rains set in. Temperatures begin to drop virtually in all regions globally.
To keep healthy and fit, there is need to be armed with suitable knowledge on how to cope with the situation. Special care must be given to our children at this time too. Below are some tips on how to help our little ones cope well with the present weather condition.
- Parents should ensure to cover their little ones with adequate warm clothing to prevent them from catching a cold. Example of such are sweaters, socks, wool caps, mufflers and hand gloves. Those beautiful body-exposing clothes should be put away for now as the well-being of the kids should be uppermost in every parents’ heart at a time as this.
2. Children should be introduced to diets having lots of fruits and vegetables. These contain vitamins and minerals that keeps the body healthy and make it function properly as well as helping to fight diseases such as common colds and flues. Parents should take advantage of any fruit in season and make sure to always stock up the house with enough for the whole family.
3. Parents should also administer Vitamin C supplement to kids daily. A tablet a day would do for the regular Vitamin C. There are however children’s vitamin C sold over the counter that are very suitable for children for fighting common colds and staying healthy.
4. Parents should provide warm bedding for their kids during this weather. The bed should be well covered with warm blankets and bedspreads. They should also ensure that the kids are well covered up whenever they go to sleep.
5. Restricted outdoor activities during rains and stormy weather conditions is also advised so as not to expose kids to colds and flues. If they must go out during a downpour, they must be armed with raincoats, boots and umbrellas.
6. The need for regular medical checkups cannot be overemphasized. Keep a date with the doctor to ensure the kids are healthy and strong.
7. The use of air-conditioners both at home and in the car should be stopped during this cold season as that could be likened to calling for a cold or flu! Children must be kept under room temperatures at all times.